Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking Adina Solver to Femap

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I currently have Femap installed with the general "Femap with NX Nastran and Dynamic Response" Licensing option.

In our company we also have access to a full suite of Simcenter3D and if I look within the install/config files the adina solver files are there. Does anyone has advice on which file should be linked within the femap solver preference dialog - or can this even be done successfully, so that Femap can solve SOL601/701 directly - instead of having to potentially export out of Femap - solve in simcenter - post process in Femap. I would prefer not to use simcenter as I find it clunky at best.

Regards

Stuart

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Linking Adina Solver to Femap

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

In order to do this via FEMAP, you will need to purchase an Advanced Nonlinear license.  Or, as you have discovered, you can export the NX Nastran input file, and then run via Simcenter.  Licensing does not cross between product lines, so the Advanced Nonlinear solver option with SC3D cannot be accessed by the NX Nastran bundled with FEMAP.  If you have access to Enterprise NX Nastran though, we can conifgure the NX Nastran bundled with FEMAP to access that license, and if your NX Nastran Enterprise has Advanced Nonlinear, this would work.

Re: Linking Adina Solver to Femap

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi

We are on the Enterprise agreement, the included bundles are:

- E601

- E521

There is no mention of the SOL601/701 adv non linear for Femap - I have also assumed that simcenter had the adina solver linked, as the solver files where present after install ( I will need to confirm).

I will inquire further, thanks!