Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-manifold add problem

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I've encoutered a weird thing happenging using the non-manifold add to join my brackets (actually only 1 bracket) together to the rest my structure.

Although I keep the tolerance small (10E-6) trying to delete, remake surface etc. the command seems to want to merge two nodes/points which destroys the model geometry. I've tried deleteing, redoing, copying cleanup, deleteing nodes, I think everything, but I cannot get it to work. Each time I want to join this bracket to the strucutre the geometry goes wrong. Is there something I do not understand?

Please see before and after shots below:

CaptureAfter.PNGAfter running non-manifold addCapture.PNGBefore

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Non-manifold add problem

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Are you able to post the geometry?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I'm seeing some extra surfaces that aren't in the before and after picture you posted so I'm not quite sure which surfaces you are trying to nonmanifold add. 

NonManifold Add.JPG

Experimenter
Experimenter

I uploaded a new model, the longitudinal stiffener plates, to the rest of the structure. It does weird things to the geometry.

thanks

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

If you delete the mesh and maybe also irrelevant geometry - and save it out as a test model - then you should be able to get the file size down from one gig and upload that instead.  Others will then be more inclined to have a look at it for you.