Highlighted

Reference system (coordinates) on mesh

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I have the mesh with tri and quad element on a  plate with hole,

the results of a node are in a local reference system.

There is a way to obtain the results (output)in a global reference system?

Thank you!

P.S.: if it's not possible , a node connects more pieces of mesh that have different reference system,

in which system are displaied the results of the node?

Sorry for my english

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Reference system (coordinates) on mesh

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Modify->Update Elements->Material Orientation.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Hi Capablanca, maybe other guys can confirm the following statement: The nodal results in the femap database are always stored in the global reference system. So if you like results in other coordinate systems you have to ask them using the vier select, contour data, TRASFORM panel. Franco

Legend
Legend

Hi,

If you are interested on nodal results then there two ways to proceed:

1/ Before running the analysis you can define the output coordinate system of the nodes. Then the results will be in the defined csys. to do so, go to Modify / Update Other / Output Csys then select the nodes.

Update Output CSYS.PNG

2/ If you have already the results the you can transform the output in the csys you define. To do so, go to Model / Output / Transform:

Transform Nodal Results.PNG

Seifeddine Naffoussi
SafeMecha Stress Engineering

Creator
Creator

Hi Franco, I did a total symmetric problem: a plate with a hole in the center, constrain fixed on a curve and a normal x force on the opposite curve at contrain. Total symmetric. But when I displaied the contour of x stress it wasn't symmetric( but Von Mises is symmetric infact it isn't a vector and don't dipends on reference system). Now after you reply I went on view-select-contour-trasform and I put global reference system at all voices. Finally it appears symmetric.

But the output the I  have in list-query in which reference system is it? In global, are you sure?

Anyway thank you for your reply, it is useful!

Dario

Creator
Creator

Thank you Saif, I think this is the solution at my problem, this evening I will try your solution, now I can't, and I will tell if it works.

Thank you.

Dario