Remap Aero Loads from one Mesh to another

Builder
Builder

Hello,

Does anyone know of a tutorial for FEMAP that shows how to remap loads from one finer mesh to another coarser mesh or vice versa?

The situation would be a customer aerodynamicist provided mapped loads on a mesh and now I have to take that mesh with its aero loads and apply it to my own mesh.  The only difference between the two meshes is their density.

Thank you for any tips!!

Bao

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Remap Aero Loads from one Mesh to another

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

First, create custom output in base model. Output->From Load. Then create Data Surface from this output vector, use Output Map Data Surface to map values from results. Now you can transfer this data surface to other models and use in load definition.

There are some video on YouTube and detailed description of data surface tool in Femap help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUcMACwxt0A

Builder
Builder
Thank you!! This method worked well!! I did run into something odd, I have a discontinuous mesh I am mapping my loads onto after I have created the data surface. It seems like when I go to apply the loads, I have to create two separate load definitions to map the loads over correctly even though I try to select all the element all at once the first go around. This is intentional or did I miss something??

Bao

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Em... look strange. In data surface options, you can set mapping tolerances, maybe it will help.

Builder
Builder

I will try it but the other method seems to work fine, just one extra step.