unable to list the output of an analysis to data table

Pioneer
Pioneer

I am having difficulty viewing the coordinates of nodes after deflection.

I have attached my model below. I believe that I have walked through the correct preprocessing steps, and can view the deflected shape of my model under its applied load, but when I got to List-> Output-> Results to Data Table, the option is greyed out (unavailable) despite the fact that I do have a deflection and results loaded from NASTRAN.

I am not correctly loading my analysis results somehow?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: unable to list the output of an analysis to data table

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Open your model in Femap 12.0.1. First List-> Output-> Results to Data Table was greyed, but when I unlock data table everything become ok.1.PNG

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This behavior has been previously identified and has been enhanced in the next release of FEMAP. Going foward, if there are results present in the model the List, Output, "..." commands will no longer be gray and will open the Data Table automatically.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you both; updating did work. However, I can only seem to output the nodes in their undeformed state. How can I output the nodes that have been displaced by the deformation?

Legend
Legend

Hi LJost,

If what you are looking for is to list the deformed nodes coordinates you can use the Custom Tools API / PostProcessing / Nodes Move By Deform With Options and then List / Model / Nodes.

Save a copy of your model before doing that.

Hope this helps ! 

Seifeddine Naffoussi
SafeMecha Stress Engineering