Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

1D Mesh with Mesh Point

Hi-

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. When creating a 1D mesh on a curve or bunch of curves in Simcenter, is it possible to use the Mesh Point Constructor or similar feature that allows you to choose specific points where you would like to have nodes?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 1D Mesh with Mesh Point

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi

Yes, you can use the Mesh Point command with the On Curve/Edge option - then just choose the location(s) on the curves where you want the nodes.

Alternatively, you could use the Divide Curve command in Modeling to accomplish the same thing.

Regards

Joe

Hi Joe

The problem is the On Curve/Edge type doesn't snap to exisitng point locations. I can only more or less get where the cursor is pointing.

Siemens Genius

OK, I wasn't sure from your description whether you already had points at the desired locations.  I'm assuming that you have curves with points lying on them coming from CAD?

In that case, the natural choice is to create Mesh Points using the Existing Point option.  However, that doesn't work in this case (I think because the points are not associated with the curves in the FEM).

The method that I have used successfully is to create Mesh Points using Projected Points instead, then project the existing points onto the target curve.  I think that should work for your case.

Regards

Joe

Hi Joe

So now I can create the mesh points but how do you then force the 1D Mesh to pick up on them?

Siemens Genius

I'm not sure why that's not working for you.  I have a test model in front of me with the same settings and it honours the mesh points.

It's probably best to open an IR with GTAC on this model so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Joe