Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Sol402 "Plas" Parameter

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Dear All,

Since I couldn't find any information, I want to ask what is the "PLAS" parameters really do?

I get the "tangent matrix" part, it depends on wheter the structure is loading or unloading. But i couldn't find any information about the "computation" part.

Q1: In short; what is the difference between, "plastic tangent matrix, elastic computation" and "plastic tangent matrix, plastic computation" 

Q2: When to use "elastic computation" and "plastic computation" for "plastic tangent matrix"?

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

2 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: About Sol402 "Plas" Parameter

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear

your questions about PLAS parameter:

Q1: In short; what is the difference between, "plastic tangent matrix, elastic computation" and "plastic tangent matrix, plastic computation" 

A1: the elastic or plastic "computation" is associate to a different way to make the iterations to reach the solution, but the solution would be the same.

Q2: When to use "elastic computation" and "plastic computation" for "plastic tangent matrix"?

A2: As by default is "plastic tangent matrix, plastic computation", then the "plastic computation" is the optimised one in term of speed, but in my experience "elastic computation" is more robust where the plastic strain reach very important values.

BR, CesareC

Re: About Sol402 "Plas" Parameter

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Dear CesareC,

Thank you for your response, that is exactly the answer i am looking for.

Regards