Hi every body,
I have Damping function i.e a list of frequencies along with the damping values got from the model testing. this data i want to give as an damping input during the response simulation nx. insted of using the constant viscous damping for all the frequencies.
for example i have
20Hz 0.05 damping
980hz 0.012 damping
help me in this
Solved! Go to Solution.
Response Simulation supports modal damping as you describe. After creating a response simulation, the navigator will have an item for the underlying solution's normal modes. There are a couple ways to define modal damping from there.
1. Select the normal modes item and MB3 Edit Damping Factor
2. From the same menu, use the Rayleigh's damping feature to compute modal damping values
3. Same menu again, edit damping scale factors - leaves the existing damping settings alone, but scales them during results processing.
You can define individual modal damping factors too via the Response Simulation Details View portion of the Simulation Navigator.
1. Select the normal modes item as mentioned above
2. Expand the Response Simulation Details View
3. Select any mode and MB3 Edit Damping Factor
The attached JPG shows where in the navigator you go to define modal damping properties.
Simulation Product Management
Product Engineering Software
Siemens Industry Sector
Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Thak you sir
as per your sugetion the problem of mineis solved.
i have one clarification.
i want to give a contant resolution of 5Hz for solving the response analysis.
there is a option in NX to give even, log-log but there there is no place where i can give the dt values.
plz breaf me.
For example i want to get the respone at every 5Hz interval i.e (from 20Hz- 2000Hz i should have 396 points).