Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error PID not found

Creator
Creator

Dear community

I am experiencing a fatal error while solving my composite model. The F06-file tells me that PID 2 is not found, I have read here on the forum that this means Property IDentification number, meaning there is an element without corresponding property card PSOLID for example. I have succesfully solved this model without composite (testing the impact and boundary conditions) so my guess there has to be something wrong with the laminate composite.

error.PNG

Is there some way to look for this PID 2?

Attached are the files of my model, thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Error PID not found

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Look like you use material with temperature dependent properties. In SOL601 only few of material properties can be temperature dependent. Therefore Nastran tell that shear modulus, density and material damping (G, RHO and GE) are ignored.

2.PNG

To efficiently "encrypt" Nastran error messages you can search description of input file entries like PID or MATT1 in NX Nastran Quick Reference Guide

P.S. If you manage to print QRG and sew the sheets into the book, you can use it as self-defense weapon or sport equipment)

Creator
Creator

@Karachun thank you for your reply! I use an orthotropic material (user-defined) with material properties I have extracted from a reference paper.

These properties do not need to be temperature dependent for my simulation, but I have added a reference temperature of 20 degrees Celcius, both in the laminate properties as in the orthotropic material properties.

Regarding the PID error, I did take a look at the QRF but it did not get me any further on tackling this error.

Gears Phenom

Use temperature dependent properties only if you have nonuniform temperature distribution i.e. you perform Thermal-Stress analysis. For uniform temperature use different materials for different temperature values. With temperature dependency solver have to calculate material properties an each element separately, this look like some sort of overengineering.

As dor QRG. Yep, QRG have only detailed description of all solver input cards/objects, sometimes it will be helpful is solving error messages.

---

Update: I read first message again. At first read think that you have problem with PID and you successfuly sove it. I oftenly read inattentivelySmiley LOL

Can you attach .dat file with solver input?

Creator
Creator

@Karachun no worries Smiley Happy

.dat file is attached in this reply. Regarding the temperature dependency, I cannot really choose for a completely different material as I am reproducing the model of a reference paper. Thus I have to use the properties that come along with the material used in that paper.

Is there a different way to "get rid" of this temperature dependency?

Thank you for your help!

Highlighted

Gears Phenom

Just take your temperature curves and calculate values at 20 C using linear interpolation in Excel. Result will be the same. Temperature remain constant during analysis, properties do not change so you don’t need temperature curves.

As for problem with PID2. Again, QRG provide some help. You use solid laminate property PCOMPS and here is quote from PCOMPS description in QRG.

4.PNG

Creator
Creator

Did some more reading in the QRG and changed PCOMPS to PSOLID as it is not compatible with SOL 601 indeed, after some more errors I am now able to solve all my time steps.

Thank you for your help!

I still have to take a decent look at the temperature curves when I have some more spare time. Have no experience with temperature dependency in Siemens NX whatsoever.

Gears Phenom

As for temperature - this is not related to NX Nastran, but rather to FEA process in general.

If you want to account variation of properties, due to change in temperature, you use temperature dependent material (and you have to calculate temperature distribution or use temperatures from experiment). If temperature is constant during simulation time then you simply put one constant value for each material property. This is not rocket science.

You say that temperature is constant so all properties do not depend from temperature.