Highlighted

Interference during motion

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

it's possible during the animation evaluate a global interference ?

I know that I can add a pair of component interference, but in a big assembly with 80 links I't impossible to spend time to create 80^n-1 pair. I would like a global interference during animation. 

Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Interference during motion

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius
Hi,

No need to wasting time in selecting pair by pair for Interference check. Below is extracted from the documentation: https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help#uid:id563701

This is available at least since NX 8.5. Use the option with one set only in your case.

Documentation section is below:

You can have the software check for interference between one or two sets of geometry.
If you select one set of geometry, the software checks for interference between all objects in that set.
If you select two sets of geometry, the software checks for interference between each object in the first set and each object in the second set. This is useful when you are working with complex assemblies that may contain a number of individual bodies. For example, you can simultaneously check for interference between all combinations of bodies within an assembly.

Hope it helps!

Gilles Dubourg
Product Manager – Simcenter 3D Motion
Product Lifecycle Management
Siemens Industry Software SAS
gilles.dubourg@siemens.com
www.siemens.com/plm<>

-----------------
Siemens Industry Software (FR) SAS
Société par actions simplifiée au capital de 24.671.530 €
RCS Versailles 414 988 204
SIRET : 414 988 204 00106
TVA : FR 82 414 988 204
RIB 30004 00828 00011397556 76
IBAN : FR76 3000 4008 2800 01 13 9755 676 - BIC : BNPAFRPPPAC
Gilles Dubourg
Simcenter 3D
Siemens Digital Industry Software
gilles.dubourg@siemens.com
www.siemens.com/plm

Re: Interference during motion

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Gilles,

you have right.

Another question, I attached a sample, how can I simulate if I have components that slide ona planar plate ?

This is an example, but coincident contraints are 0 distance.

When I run animation, the interference is visualized.

Thank you...

Using NX1867
RuleDesigner PDM