Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulate result legend

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello, 

I studied on a fem analysis of Laminate Dynamics and I got displacement results on the model. 

I'm trying to change results legend to see relative displacement distribution on a specific part of the entire model. 

For example, legend range is [11,00 mm to 12,55 mm] for this part, but minimum and maximum values are not important for me. 

I want to see differences of this values and distribution on the model according to new legend.

I mean I want to see the legend is like that: [0,00 mm to 1,55 mm (12,55-11,00)]

I think it can be done easily in Linear Statics or dynamic solvers, but I can't do it in Laminate Dynamics.

Does anybody know how I can manipulate the legend?

Thanks in advance.

Uğur Can

1 REPLY

Re: Manipulate result legend

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Ugur,

You can do this by defining user defined results with Combine Results or Result Probes. Result Probes is the better way to go. Both require that you define an expression for the results you wish to compute. Result probes are advantageous in the sense that they are stored with a solution and recomputed as results change due re-solving the model.

I verified this with result probes, user defined result variables, result lookup functions, and a user defined point on the model. Result variables let you define scalar quantities from basic solution output such as displacement vector components or stress tensor components. To compute a relative displacement magnitude, I defined 3 result variables as DXALL, DYALL, and DZALL. I used these in my result probe expression to retrieve the output at each (all) node in the model. Next I defined a point at the relative displacement reference location. I named that point P1. Then I defined a result probe with the following expression. It's simply the computation of a displacement magnitude from vector components:

((DXALL-DX("P1"))^2+(DYALL-DY("P1"))^2+(DZALL-DZ("P1"))^2)^0.5

I evaluated the result probe over the entire model. At each node, D*ALL represent the component displacement at that node. The D*("P1") lookup functions return the component displacements at point P1. A contour plot of the result probe is the model's displacement magnitude relative to point P1. Please review the online help on result probes, result variables, and lookup  functions.

Regards,

Mark