Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: NX Nastran Topology Optimization licensing

Pioneer
Pioneer

HI MKuessner

Have trouble you

NX Nastran 11 did not find a new topology topology (replacement for the TOSCA-based solution), whether the new topology optimization was in NX Nastran 12?

Red circle or not very easy to use TOSCA...

NX Nastran 11 did not find a new topology topology (instead of a TOSCA-based solution).png

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi FZK,

the Topology Optimization you selected from the "Solution Process" is the legacy Topology Optimization that is based on TOSCA Structure for existing customers.

The Topology Optimization based on NX Nastran can be accessed via the "Optimization" menu. You have to make sure, that the "NX Nastran Topology Optimization" group appears in the Rippon. If that is not the case please activate it in the menu:

SelectNXTopo.png

There is a detailed Document in the Simcenter Help. You can find this information here:
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/nx/11/nx_help/common/de_DE/graphics/...

Hope this helps setting up your optimization correctly.

You have to make sure that the NX Topology License is available as well.

Best regards
Boris

Pioneer
Pioneer

(view in My Videos)
HI  ALL

NX11.02 NX Nastran Topology Optimization can not be used?
Please tell me why, see the following video.

Siemens Legend

Hi FZK,

I am not sure why, but your Solver Variable seems not to be correctly set.

You have 2 options to set the Solver Variable in the interface:
1) Customer defaults

Simulation --> Nastran --> Solver Parameters

There you can use the UGII_NX_NASTRAN_VERSION environment variable or set the Version (in your case to 11).

2) Solver Parameters

Right click on your solution and select "Edit Solver Parameters". You can also explicitely set the Solver Version in this dialog to 11.

Could you please try if that helps?

Regards
Boris

Pioneer
Pioneer

HI Siemens Legend

According to your method is able to appear the function, studied a few days Nx_nastran topology optimization to ask you, but this solver is not out of the results, has not been counted (may be required by CAE professionals to use), CAD CAE file I have uploaded, please help me see. Excuse me, please.
thans youMan Happy
7.15.png

Siemens Legend

Hi FZK,

I just checked your input. You need to activate the Topology Optimization setup in your Structural Solution in order to consider it correctly during optimization. Please also be aware, that the corresponding Result Requests have to be correctly added to your simulation setup.

You can find the description in the Help Document:

Result Requests on Page 7

Activation of Topology Optimization on Page 13 ( Note: Before you solve, you must add optimization output to the NX Nastran input file through either a text file or modeling object. ).

Please modify your settings in the Optimization Setup and it will run corretly.

Regards
Boris

Pioneer
Pioneer

HI SIEMENS LEGEND

i appriciated for that

i were tired from this problem from long time

thanks for giving solution

thans you...

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

I came back to this issue with NX12. Here is what I found out:

Topology Optimization for designers is bundle NX30556. This topology optimization works fine, just the thinking of the design approach should be little different. I personaly at first design the geometry which must be (where is the part connecting others), then create the design body. Do not forget to check the increments which are required to convert optimized lighweight body to generative design (e.g. nx_polygon_modeling).

NX Nastran Topology Optimization is product NXN016 - it requires nx_nas_topol increment. To use this increment, the solution must be type SOL 200 Topology Optimization.

New Solution process - Topology optimization leads to old tosca optimization. This is not available in NX12.