Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nx Nastran .f06 file Info

Creator
Creator

Hi All!

I am writing a script to open, update and scroll at run time the .f06 file. The script must open the .f06 file only when fatal errors are absent.

I would like to know after which section of .f06 file I can be 100% sure that no fatal error will appear and which keyword can identify this critical point.

2 REPLIES

Re: Nx Nastran .f06 file Info

Phenom
Phenom

Usually fatal errors lead to stop of Nastran execution so fatal error message is placed almost at the end of f06 file. 

I open one of f06 files and see that after fatal error message there are only 20-30 lines, compared to hundreds or thousands of lines before fatal. Try to use line:

0                                   * * * *  A N A L Y S I S  S U M M A R Y  T A B L E  * * * *

Re: Nx Nastran .f06 file Info

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi, if you want to know if your solution is analyzed correctly, keep in mind that errors in model are not the only reason for getting no results. If the disk runs out of free space your OP2 file and F06 file is also incomplete. And as I remember it correctly, that's written into LOG file.

Loosing license can also interrupt the solution process. And I guess that's also written into LOG.

Best wishes, Michael

| Production: NX10; Development: VB, TCL/TK, FORTRAN; Testing: NX11 | engelke engineering art GmbH, Germany
| Kudos for good posts! And if my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".