Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about SOL 601,153 and SOL 601,159 Thermo-Mechanical Coupling (TMC)

Legend
Legend

How do we go about setting up 601,153 and 601,159? I recall being told we have the Adv. Nonlinear bundle but can't find those two from the list of available Nastran solutions I have here. All I can see are 601,106 and 601,129. 

Below is an extract from the guide: unfortunately there isn't much on the TMC subject, hence why I ask here. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Charles

"Solution 601 of Advanced Nonlinear Solution also supports two heat transfer or coupled structural heat transfer analysis types. The first type 153 is for static structural with steady state heat transfer, or just steady state heat transfer. The second analysis type 159 is for cases when either the structural or heat transfer models are transient (dynamic). This type can also be used for just transient heat transfer analysis. Details of the heat transfer analysis are provided in Chapter 8, and details of the thermo-mechanical coupled (TMC) analysis are provided in Chapter 9.

Similarly, most of the global settings controlling the heat transfer or coupled solutions in Advanced Nonlinear Solution are provided in the TMCPARA bulk data entry."

4 REPLIES

Re: Question about SOL 601,153 and SOL 601,159 Thermo-Mechanical Coupling (TMC)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

These solution sequences are available in NX Nastran, but are not supported in the Simcenter 3D Pre-Processor. The workflow would be to set up an uncoupled SOL 601 solution, then manually add in the extra cards required to define the coupled solution. This could be done by editing the deck after export or via a User Defined Text modeling object within Simcenter 3D. Note that solving a deck that was edited outside of Simcenter 3D will require an enterperise license.

Legend
Legend

Thanks for the clarification Jim

May I ask how to set this up correctly, I wouldn't know where/how to begin with this card customization. Whether that is to be imputed in the User Defined Text inside the solution's bulk exec control, the *.dat file directly or the contact's parameters. Apologies for the confusion.

We are trying to source thermal data caused from friction between two flat solids sliding (BCTSET & SPCD). If you could provide a simple example of this we'd be very grateful.

Thanks for the support, appreciate it.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There are example decks delivered in the Test Problem Library (TPL)

See: Using the Test Problem Libraries

Searching for files containing ^TMC, I see the following:

anl153hxbcs.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2
anl153hxecs.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2
anl153hxmcs.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2
anl153pnbcs.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2
anl153pnecs.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2
anl153pnmcs.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2
anl153prbcs.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2
anl153precs.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2
anl153prmcs.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2
anl153ttbcs.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2
anl153ttecs.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2
anl153ttmcs.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2
anlbedg1c.dat:TMCPARA        1    COUP       0 TRANOPT       1
anlbedg1e.dat:TMCPARA        1    COUP       0 TRANOPT       1
anlmat5.dat:TMCPARA        1COUP           0  HGENPL   1.000
anlmathem03.dat:TMCPARA*               1COUP                           0                *
anlmathem04.dat:TMCPARA*               1COUP                           0                *
anlmathev04.dat:TMCPARA*               1COUP                           0                *
anlmathev05.dat:TMCPARA*               1COUP                           0                *
anlplstn06.dat:TMCPARA        1    COUP       1 TRANOPT       1
anlplstn20.dat:TMCPARA        1    COUP       1
anlplsts07.dat:TMCPARA        1    COUP       0 TRANOPT       1
anlplsts08.dat:TMCPARA        1COUP           0TRANOPT        1ATSSUBD       32        +
anlplsts20.dat:TMCPARA        1    COUP       1
anltmc01.dat:TMCPARA        1   COUP        1
anltmc02.dat:TMCPARA        1    COUP       2 ITSCHEM       0
anltmc03.dat:TMCPARA        1COUP           2ITSCHEM        0MAXITE        29        +
anltmc04.dat:TMCPARA        1COUP           0ITSCHEM        1MAXITE        29        +
anltmc05.dat:TMCPARA        1    COUP       1 TRANOPT       0
anltmc06.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2       TRANOPT       1
anltmc07.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2       TRANOPT       2
anltmc08.dat:TMCPARA        1COUP           0TRANOPT        1TTOL    .1000E-5        +
anltmc09.dat:TMCPARA        1    COUP       0 TRANOPT       1   TTOL .1000E-5
anltmc10.dat:TMCPARA        1    COUP       0 TRANOPT       1
anltmc11.dat:TMCPARA        1COUP           0ITSCHEM        1MAXITE        25
anltmc12.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2       TRANOPT       1 HEATCAP       1
anltmc13.dat:TMCPARA 1       COUP    2       TRANOPT       1 HEATCAP       1

Legend
Legend

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the heads up and quick response. Work flow is not ideal but working fine from CLI, we can then map the data back to a static solution in our case. Side note; this should really be part of the main SC3D package, perhaps in an upcomming version!

Thanks for the kind help

Charles