Re: RBE3 weighting factors with functions

Phenom
Phenom

is this with the NX nastran solver? I don't have the same options! I don't have rigid, Constraint equation and Interpolation

I was only interested to see what is recorded in a journal to get get the API involved in setting the weight factors. If you do that maybe you might be able to post it. Ignoring getting the label for the dependant node ("spider" center node) then this API is the key part of any possible programe

Production: NX.CAE 10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)

Phenom
Phenom

... it's NX NASTRAN SOL101. But it's inside FEM not SIM!

Best wishes, Michael

| Production: NX10; Development: VB, TCL/TK, FORTRAN; Testing: NX12 | engelke engineering art GmbH, Germany | 2019-07-08
| Kudos for good posts! And if my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution". Kick Off (2015-09-14)On the Map (2016-10-21)1st Gear 2018 (2018-02-19)5th Birthday! (2018-02-25)Popular (100, ‎2018-10-30)Prolific (100, 2019-02-27)Philosopher (500, ‎2019-02-28)Problem Solver (50, 2019-06-25)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@MiDi1791 ,

EAD columns can be sorted via the right mouse button (RMB) menu. RMB on the column header and select sort ascending or sort descending:

EAD_sort.png 

Siemens Phenom

Here are a set of programs that I wrote when the interpolation element EAD was added a couple of releases ago to test the functionlaity.

The listing functionality is very basic - no UI - and will list EAD for all interpolation elements in the model and is run as a python or VB journal.

The setting functionality has a block styler UI so I built it into a .dll to aid delivery.

Phenom
Phenom

JimB, thank you for answering. I already tried to sort the columns but using RMB was new for me. So it is really easier to modify the factors.

I will try to use the scripts.

Good start! - Michael

| Production: NX10; Development: VB, TCL/TK, FORTRAN; Testing: NX12 | engelke engineering art GmbH, Germany | 2019-07-08
| Kudos for good posts! And if my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution". Kick Off (2015-09-14)On the Map (2016-10-21)1st Gear 2018 (2018-02-19)5th Birthday! (2018-02-25)Popular (100, ‎2018-10-30)Prolific (100, 2019-02-27)Philosopher (500, ‎2019-02-28)Problem Solver (50, 2019-06-25)

Siemens Phenom

@selex_ct :

1. .GetNodes() will return the nodes on an element in connectivity order. For a RBE2/RBE3, the first node in the list is the center node (which is independent in RBE2 and dependent in RBE3).
  2. EAD API access is via the InterpolationEadBuilder

Siemens Phenom

@selex_ct, "Interpolation Element" is the solver neutral name. With the Simcenter solver immersed UI, you see this in the Nastran (and Ansys) environment as a RBE3 element. In and Abaqus environment, you would see it as DCOUP3D, etc.

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks for the clarifications. I suspected it was something to do with the "Solver" configuration. Mine default to NX.Nastran hence only seeing RBE3.

If the 1st node in the .GetNodes is the centre nodes then it's one problem solved. Easy to skip!

If can access the "Interpolation" API then the coding should be easy. I haven't looked at the code you attached yet but will do so shorlty. I actually spent a few minutes today coding a few more things and essentially the only thing left is the setting up of the weight factors. I am using a dictionary (Node Label,Weighting Factor)

Production: NX.CAE 10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)