The CGNS data in Fluent used in Simcenter To Calculate Aero-vibro-acoustic noise

Creator
Creator

Hello everyone, I just move to Simcenter Solution from Virtual.Lab(VL). And I have a problem that the workflow of CNGS from Fluent. In the past, the CGNS in VL need to do a pre-processing, for the data are stored in central 2D instead of elements, so we need to do a translation.And then I move the data in element form CGNS TO the acoustic Mesh using FFT. Later, I set up the surface dipole. However, in Simcenter 3D, it provides a support document, telling the step of regarding the CFD Data as acoustic source, which I think it isn’t quite clear. Firstly, the “Export Surface- Face to Vertex Map” was created by the CFD Data. Apparently, it doesn’t have the central 2D and elements traditionally. Does it combine them together? If it is it, the step of Central 2D To Element isn’t necessary. Secondly, what’s the difference between the “Fluid-Structure Interaction Control Parameters” and “Fluid-Structure Interaction Modeling Parameters”.

2 REPLIES 2

Another Problem

Creator
Creator

I think I run the full progress of it and calculate.Some of the LOG is shown as following.

COMPUTATION PROGRESS :       6 /     11                     (  54.55 % )

ESTIMATED REMAINING TIME :   0:00:02 (      2.97)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANALYSIS NUMBER      5 /     11                FREQUENCY =    140.000 Hz

Time -- Delta:  0:00:00 (      0.00)  Total:  0:02:36 (    156.99)

ADAPTIVE ORDER STATISTICS (in % of total volume)

========================================================================

1      2      3      4      5      6      7      8      9     10

100.00   0.00   0.00   0.00   0.00   0.00   0.00   0.00   0.00   0.00

Building System Matrix ...

Factorization Phase ...

Effectively Used Memory  =        0.021 Gb

Building Right-Hand-Side ...

Solve Phase ...

Post-Processing Phase ...

Time -- Delta:  0:00:00 (      0.60)  Total:  0:02:37 (    157.58)

It seems that the LOG file is different from the one in Virtual.Lab and I don't know whether it is right or not.There are too many 0 ? I really don't know.

If anyone could tell me some information about this log.

THX

The pressure is transfered from Element to Node

Creator
Creator

The pressure is transfered from Element to Node. If the Simcenter 3D work as the Virtual.Lab, the pressure should be stored in element!! I use Model Entities and feature angle element, but why it was stored in the node instead of element.