Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walkthrough for "eLoads" - a concept level Engine Loads Prediction tool...

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Imagine you want to study the Forces & Moments produced by an engine.  Perhaps you need to set up and evaluate balance shafts or counterweight layouts.  Or perhaps you want to verify the mount layout.  Great.  NOW imagine you need to do this before Finite Element models exist, before even CAD exists.  Is this even possible?  In this 15 minute video - we walk through a product called "LMS eLoads", how the models are setup, solved and postprocessed.  Enjoy!

(view in My Videos)

2 REPLIES

Re: Walkthrough for "eLoads" - a concept level Engine Loads Prediction tool...

Experimenter
Experimenter
Great video. Is there a way to model a single cylinder engine in E-loads?
Are the VL-motion flex body models available for the listed engine configurations? So we could create a sigle cyl model from the I2 model.

Thanks,
Raj

Re: Walkthrough for "eLoads" - a concept level Engine Loads Prediction tool...

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Thank you Raj!  It really is a great tool.  

For any of the available architectures, once you have built your eLoads model, there is a simple command: Tools->Save your Virtual Lab model as...   This will create a standalone Virtual.Lab Motion model - so that you can then do any kind of additional pre-processing you want in the native VL environment.  Exactly as your question is: if you want to convert an I2 architecture into a single cylinder engine, or if you wanted to introduce a flexible crankshaft, this is indeed the process you would follow.