Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello Experts,

there is one point I already want to know for a long time:

Why does exist after solving a NX simulation two entries for

- REACTION FORCE MPC NODAL and

- REACTION MOMENT MPC NODAL

in post processor module?

I can see differences in visualizing but is that the only one?

I had models where I could not export nodal results from RBE-connected nodes to excel in one of the entry selections as the values got quantities of 1e-10 N. I did produce "empty" simulation solutions only with constraints of user defined non-zero nodal displacement values.

I think there are "inner" differences, but of what kind? - Who can explain it to me?

With kind regards,

Michael

6 REPLIES

Re: Why two entries for REACTION FORCE MPC Nodal

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Nodes generally have 6 DOF. Any type of nodal boundary condition (constraint, force, etc.) will have 6 corresponding components, i.e. dx, dy, dz, rx, ry, rz. The measure on the first 3 terms is force, displacement, etc. The measure on the second 3 terms is a rotation or moment type quantity (radians, Nm, etc.)

Since the measures are not consistent between the first 3 dof and the second 3, NX Post splits these into two 3DOF vectors. REACTION FORCE MPC NODAL contains the X, Y and Z translational forces. REACTION MOMENT MPC NODAL contains the moments about X, Y and Z

Re: Why two entries for REACTION FORCE MPC Nodal

Gears Phenom

JimB,

thank you for answering but this is not the point I meant.

Of course I know the difference between reaction forces and reaction moments and the necessity of separating it because of unit discrepancies.

No, I mean there are

- two entries for REACTION FORCE MPC NODAL

AND

- two entries for REACTION MOMENT MPC NODAL.

(see Picture)

2016-09-15_RFMPCx2_001.pngPart of Post processing navigator

Its NX 8.5.2.

That's my question.  Can you explain it? - It would be gratefully.

With best regards,

Michael

Betreff: Why two entries for REACTION FORCE MPC Nodal

Gears Phenom

Hi, does no one else see 2x2 REACTION * MPC entries?

Sadly, Michael

Gears Phenom

Actualization:

Momentarily I do not see both entries twice and I do not know what's the difference in modelling comparing former states. I try to figure it out.

Best wishes, Michael

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I've seen this as well, but I can't reproduce it in a model I'm using currently. I don't believe that I ever reported this through an IR/PR either. If you can reproduce it, please contact GTAC as I believe it is a bug.

Regards,
Mark

Gears Phenom

Mark,

the world is really small!

I've found out, that the first one is Grid Point Reaction Force/Moment MPC - Nodal.TST_GRidPointForce_RBE_afm1_sim1_RF-N_SET-1_001.png

TST_GRidPointForce_RBE_afm1_sim1_RF-N_SET-2_001.png

See it in NX10.

TST_GRidPointForce_RBE_afm1_sim1-NX10_RF-N_SET-1_001.png

Problem solved.

Best wishes, Micahel.