mapping nodes on one edge to another

Builder
Builder

Hi,

I have a model as shown below. The 2D mesh has been generated. Now i just hope that the nodes along edge 1 are matching the nodes along the edge 2. I am wondering if there is an easy way to do that except using mesh control.

thanks

kan

map edge nodes.png

4 REPLIES 4

Re: mapping nodes on one edge to another

Phenom
Phenom

I think it is the purpose of the mesh controls. Can try with mesh points but could be time consuming

Production: NX.CAE 10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)

Builder
Builder

Hi selex_ct,

Thanks for your comments.

In this simple model, I did the 2D mesh first and like itSmiley Happy.  Now, for my study purpose, i need the edge1 and 2 have matching nodes. For me,  it seems that SC just need to take the nodes on edge 1 and apply to the edge 2 as mesh control and then update the mesh. In this way, i think it will keep the mesh in most region and do a tiny change around the edge. If using mesh control, I am wondering if i can select the nodes of edge1 as source and apply to the edge2. Since i am still new guy, I am familliar to the meshing in SC. What do you mean "try with mesh points"?  Could you give a little bit more detailed info?

Best Regards,

Kan

Builder
Builder

Hi,

I just checked the help doc for the mesh control quickly. There are several controls on edge, but no what i want. If there is a feature to select an edge nodes as the control for another edge, that will be good for my caseSmiley Happy

kan

Phenom
Phenom

Use of mesh points: By using Create mesh Points / Multiple Meshpoints on Curve/Edge then one should be able to create "symmetric" node seeding. The key assumption is that the curves have the same lenght!

Production: NX.CAE 10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)