Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

3D-Composite modeling for flutte ranalysis

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi experts,

As i am new to femap so I am having issues in performing flutter analysis with 3D-composite for flutter analysis. I am defining composite in nx nastran and when i run my analysis it gives me fattal error (laminate composite is for  solution .. .. .. .. .. .. ) but it dont include the sol 145 (flutter).

Can anyone please tell me that if i want to perform flutter analysis then how should i define composite  in nx nastran femap to run my analysis successfully?

thnx in advance.

Regards,

Sheheryar Khan

6 REPLIES

Re: 3D-Composite modeling for flutte ranalysis

Gears Legend Gears Legend
Gears Legend
You need to read into the User documentation further and obtain information regarding which material/properties/elements are compatible with SOL145.

Does the layup have core or is it all carbon - if it is all carbon plate elements with PCOMP properties should be suffice.

If you cant model the solid core using the solid composite properties, you can model it with a standard solid property and define the material using 3D anisotropic materials. Ensure that your elements are HEX (some PENT) and use the edge members command to "skin" the cores with the carbon - these will be plate elements with a PCOMP property.

Pioneer
Pioneer

thanx for reply, @Stuart_S

i have performed static analysis successfully without defining core in my layups. 

but the problem i am facing is when i run my flutter analysis with same(static analysis) type,property,material then it gives me fatal error.

Is there any way out from this? coz i m stucked.

thnx in advance

Regards,

Sheheryar Khan

Gears Legend
Your fatal error would indicate that the selection of elements/properties etc. are not compatible with SOL145, hence you will need to change your model to only include properties that are.

Re: 3D-Composite modeling for flutter analysis

Pioneer
Pioneer

@Stuart_S,

i tried many models but the errror is same.

can you plz tel me that is it possible to perform flutter analysis in nx nastran with composites?

Regards,

Sheheryar Khan

Gears Legend
I think you need to do some more research/watch some tutorials or get training.

The model setup for a flutter analysis is not the same as a static - however the results from a flutter can be converted over to a static analysis where your composite properties will apply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ZGbmLKv8I&t=1151s

Pioneer
Pioneer

@Stuart_S,

ok thnx.

Ragrds,

Sheheryar Khan