Highlighted

ADVANCED NON LINEAR ANALYSIS --> STUDY OF CLIPPING PLEASE HELP ME

Creator
Creator

Hi guys,

I need your help. I am studing a case of a clip that goes into a fix part. ( Fig. 1 )

I wanto to see in my simulation how the 2 part deform. I have to start with a gap between them and finish when the clip is in the correct position ( Fig. 2 )

I did a mesh of both but I don´t know how to go on. I have some questions for you:

1) I start with a gap between the 2 parts; I have to create a mesh mating condition also if I have a gap?

2) I have to use Sol 601 for non linear advanced simulation? ( I think yes because I have large dispacements )

3) I did a 3D mesh--> it is correct?

4) I have to create a link between nodes? How can I do this?

5) In simulation enviroment I create a contact surface between the 2 part it is correct?

6) which costraints I have to create? ( a fix for the fix part and an enforced costraint for the clip to move down it? )

Please ca you give me help or suggestions.

thanks to everybody

1 REPLY 1

Re: ADVANCED NON LINEAR ANALYSIS --> STUDY OF CLIPPING PLEASE HELP ME

Phenom
Phenom

1) I start with a gap between the 2 parts; I have to create a mesh mating condition also if I have a gap?

Create contact between the clip and the fixed part

2) I have to use Sol 601 for non linear advanced simulation? ( I think yes because I have large dispacements )

Sol601 will handle the contact (non linear geometry)

3) I did a 3D mesh--> it is correct?

Looking at your part. Yes. You could have started simply with a cross-section type of mesh axisymmetry (edge to edge contact) (2d element)

4) I have to create a link between nodes? How can I do this?

No – contact will handle this

5) In simulation enviroment I create a contact surface between the 2 part it is correct?

yes

6) which costraints I have to create? ( a fix for the fix part and an enforced costraint for the clip to move down it? )

Fully constraint the fixed poart (it is fixed!)

Enforced displacement on the clip ( the face you are pushing in)

Remember to apply symmetry

Production: NX.CAE 10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)