Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

CUDA: cudart64_80.dll not found in PATH

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm trying to speed up my NASTRAN V12.0 computations by using my NVIDIA Quadro M1200 GPU. I installed the CUDA v8.0 runtime. As a command line option, I set

gpgpu=nvidia

However, this did not seem to work (judging by the task manager performance tab). Indeed, in the .f04 file, I find

CUDA: User has requested a GPU device
 CUDA: cudart64_80.dll not found in PATH

First thing I did, of course, was check the system environment variables. I found both CUDA_PATH and CUDA_PATH_V8_0 pointing to the correct path (C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v8.0). For good measure, I also added this path to the PATH variable. This still didn't work, so I even added C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v8.0\bin to the PATH variable, which is where the file cudart64_80.dll is located. Still, nothing.

What would be a logical next step?

1 REPLY

Re: CUDA: cudart64_80.dll not found in PATH

Legend
Legend

I honestly wouldn't bother with GPGPU.  GPGPU is going to bring value only for a specific type of problems, typically large.  A laptop GPU isn't going to be able to bring much to the table in terms of GPGPU, it's probably going to hurt more than anything if you were able to make it to work...