Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact analysis in SOL 601

Pioneer
Pioneer

Please find the attached file of f06, error shown is "INPUT FILE advnlin.op2 NOT FOUND". Please suggest if anything is yet to be added. Thanks. 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Contact analysis in SOL 601

Phenom
Phenom

Would you mind deleting the last 2 posts and edit your original one as this creates multiple threads? Thanks

Production: NX.CAE 10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello

Having a first look I think it is worth to cross check your  enforced table value of time and a proper time step

Thanks

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Ask admins to delete other two themes.

This problem may be caused by some instalation errors, look at similar themes:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/CAE-Simulation-Simcenter-3D-Forum/Contact-analysis-i...

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/CAE-Simulation-Simcenter-3D-Forum/Sol-601-Contact-an...

When I run your model I dont get this error, instead Nastran write in f06 file that:

***ALERT: TABLEDx 2 does not span the range of solution times.

Your load function is from 0 to 0,5 sec. In your analisys you select 1 time step 1 sec long - it is wrong, i think you not definer nonlinear solution paraqmeters at all. Brake solution time to 50-100 timesteps at begining, if you dont get convergence - use more time steps. Your total solution time must be not great as load function duration - in your case 0,5 sec. Use some advanced options - auto timestepping - solver automaticaly reduce timestep when it dont get convergence. You can use extra time steps, like 10x0,001sec+100x0,02sec+10x0,5sec to use small time step only at time when you need it. In advanced nonlinear static time isnt real, it used only to apply load incrementaly.

Pioneer
Pioneer

I still couldn't get the results, fatal error is showing "advnlin.op2 NOT FOUND".

Gears Phenom

I think something is wrong with your NX instalation/computer settig, not with the model.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Please check the attached jpeg files for the definition of enforced and timestep. Thanks.

Gears Phenom

Look like ok. Repeat third time I sure for 95% "advlin error" is caused by instalation error, so you cant proceed to calculation. Reinstall NX, ask administrator or NX salesman for help.

Highlighted

Pioneer
Pioneer

Can you run the analysis with the attached files?.

thanks.

Gears Phenom

It is something wrong with translation from NX to Nastran dat file. To define timestep you must use TSTEP card.

TSTEP        109      50     .01       1

50 steps, 0,01 time interval. There is no TSTEP card in your .dat file. Wait for someone who have NX to explain what is wrong in simulation setting. I only read dat.file.