Creating a pressure 4D field with SOL 601,106

Experimenter
Experimenter

I'm trying to simulate the electrostatic attraction between two surfaces in contact. Using Siemens NX 10.0.3.5, I created a SOL 601,106 Solution.

I only want to have the electrostatic attraction after a certain amount of time. Furthermore, electrostatic attraction goes with the inverse of the separation distance. I figured creating a 4D field would be ideal. From the manual:

You can use 4D fields to define the following boundary conditions:

• [...]

• Pressure

• [....]

So, I set to work, created a formula referencing a field that turns on the electrostatic attraction after a certain amount of time, but then I get the following error in the Information Window upon hitting the Solve button:

ERROR : Boundary Condition Pressure(2) is defined using a 4D field. This type 
        of definition is not supported for this boundary condition

Export terminated because of error

I'm using "Normal Pressure on 2D Elements or 3D Elements" (card name: PLOAD4) from the pressure load dialog. The 4D load is Time / Cartesian. I have set Prescribed Loads Option: Affected by Structural Deformation in the Strategy Parameters (LOADOPT set to 1) to make sure the pressure takes into account the actual location of the surface.

How can I apply a 4D pressure load in this case? I'll be more than happy to supply additional information if needed.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Creating a pressure 4D field with SOL 601,106

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello

If you have the option ;  check in  latest version of NX ( either 11  or 12)

(I think exporting 4D field for  pressure is not supported in NX 10).

Thanks

RB