Highlighted

Displayed deformation not matching results (SOL 101)

Creator
Creator

I'm experiencing a very strange issue.. I'm running a large model and the deformation displayed on screen is not matching the reported results: my maximum deformation is 1.3mm but on-screen this looks more like 1.3m, despite having the scale set to absolute 1:1.

Upon investigating further, I placed a similar model of the same assembly side-by-side and synchronised views; when I do that, one model (the one with this issue) disappears away to nothing as the displays synchronise. It's as if the model has been scaled down 1000% but the results have not. 

Unfortunately I cannot share any images or files as the product is strictly confidential. 

Can anyone suggest anything? Is there another way to apply a scale to the model, or is this a bug?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Displayed deformation not matching results (SOL 101)

Pioneer
Pioneer

Could the model be underconstrained and without softsprings to stabilize?

Re: Displayed deformation not matching results (SOL 101)

Creator
Creator

Turns out this is a bug in our current release of SimCenter and has been fixed in 2019.1

The displayed model scale is -1000% of the actual model scale, so the displayed deformation is out by 1000%. It's a silly problem but can be worked around by adjusting deformation magnitude to 0.001 absolute scale.