Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Evaluate FRF in another coordinate system

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello. I’m using NX 10 response simulation Sol 103.

Is it possible to evaluate FRF in another coordinate system? A new recently created CSYS in the sim file? How to procedure?

I have a CSYS from the CAD but I’m interested in evaluate the FRF in the machine CSYS that is rotated from the original

Thanks.

Capturar.PNG

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Evaluate FRF in another coordinate system

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello,

If I understand correctly, By changing the nodal csys in FEM(edit-node-modify coordinate)  and then running FRF with the required DOF option will give the output you expect, being in FRF evaluation , Excitation DOF will happen in nodal coordinate system DOF.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you for the information. I tried to modify the node coordinate system, but the node information looks the same, as well the FRF results. But I tried edit > assign nodal coordinate system and I changed the displacement Csys. The results of the FRF changed as well.

Do you know the difference between this reference and displacement Csys? This procedure is correct?

Sem título.pngbefore and after modify CsysCapturar.PNGafter assign coordinate sys

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The reference csys is the system in which the nodal coordinates are defined. It loactes the node in space but has no affect on results.

The Diplacement csys is the coordinate system that nodal results are output with respect to. It affects results but has no affect on the nodes location in the model.

Pioneer
Pioneer
In the FRF this Displacement Csys also affects the input direction?

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Yes, the Displacement Csys for the input location will be used for the input direction component.