Highlighted

How to Preserve Constraint Container in BDF Files when I import it??

Creator
Creator

Hi everyone

I usually do modeling with Hypermesh and export the results bdf formats and use it in NX.

As you can see, the bdf file contains information about Constraint(=boundary conditions).

Importing bdf file with NX using file -> import -> simulation -->select NX Nastran/ includes boundary conditions.

But..!!! Importing a bdf file in this way causes the following problems.

First, the Analysis Type of the SIM / FEM file generated  is structural (can Ichange these settings?).

Second, if you create a new simulation in the fem file to change the analysis type, all existing constraints disappear (This also applies to Simulation object containers!!!!!!!.)

Is there a way to solve the above phenomenon?
I would appreciate your favor.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: How to Preserve Constraint Container in BDF Files when I import it??

Creator
Creator

I found solution.TT

1.Import bdf files.( A Sim file, A Fem file)
2.Create new simulation files with different analysis type(C sim file, A Fem file)
3.In a C sim file, file--> Import --> Simulation Entities --> Entities to import
4.Import entities in A sim file, whatever you want...

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor
Hi inthefuture,

Could you be tell us which type of solution, do you have initially ? and what type of modification, you are trying to do (if you keep a structural analysis, you will keep the structural load ; if you define a thermal analysis, only the specific thermal load will be loaded.)

You could still import the created bdf with the intial load and then created another solution on the top of the previous one.

Could you also provide us an example and the corresponding workflow ?

Julien

-----------------
Siemens Industry Software (FR) SAS
Société par actions simplifiée au capital de 24.671.530 €
RCS Versailles 414 988 204
SIRET : 414 988 204 00106
TVA : FR 82 414 988 204
RIB 30004 00828 00011397556 76
IBAN : FR76 3000 4008 2800 01 13 9755 676 - BIC : BNPAFRPPPAC

Creator
Creator
Dear JulienS

I want to initially run NX nastran Vibro-acoustic analysis (Not structural) when I import the bdf file using file -> import -> simulation -> select NX Nastran order.

And I want to know how to maintain the load / Constraint / Simulation object that existed in the sim file even if I change the analysis type( Not Solution type ex) sol 108,101..)

Best regards