Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is it possible to export fem and sim file to Abaqus or Ansys?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi all,

I am using NX-Nastran and there would be an option of receiving/sending files from/to Ansys/Abaqus and I was wondering whether somebody had already tried it and worked properly or not.

Thank you in advance,

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is it possible to export fem and sim file to Abaqus or Ansys?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It is possible, but results may vary.

Objects that share the same neutral name will show up as valid in both solutions. Objects that do not share the same neutral name will need to be re-created or updated in the new solver environment.

In other words, if you have a simple cantilever beam with nodal constraints and nodal force loads, you'll probably be able to create a solution in the new solver language and everything will work.

If you have a more complicated model with KEYOPT definitions, complex contact parameters defined, etc., then you will have to do some work...

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you for the answer.

Logically, there is a next question that comes to my mind: how can it be exported? Because I've only found an "Import" menu for the different types of pre/postprocessors, and when it comes to export, I've only found a command to export to a bulk.dat file (see attached images).

Kind regards

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

At a minumum, you need to create a new Abaqus or Ansys solution in the .sim file.

You may also need to make the FEM part the work part, edit the FEM (RMB on the FEM part on the Navigator) and set the solver to Ansys or Abaqus in order to set/update things like assigned materials, etc.