Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Non linear analysis with sequential loads

Genius
Genius

Dear @cyril ,

• which are the differences between SOL601 and SOL401/402?
  • why SOL601 is replaced?
  • have you got some tutorial/references/video on SOL401?
  • which is the differences between SOL401 and SOL402?

Regards,

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @AlbertoM 

well, from what I heard, SOL601 (Adina) is not owned by SIEMENS, but SOL401 and SOL402 are.

I suppose the functionalities are more or less  identical between SOL601 and SOL401/SOL402: they deal with advanced non linear calculations (material non linearity, contacts, large deformation, large displacements, ...)

I think SOL401 is based some NASTRAN code, while SOL402 is based on SAMCEF code (from LMS/SAMTECH company that was acquired by SIEMENS). Therefore by stopping SOL601 SIEMENS will not have to pay fees to ADINA anymore.

• Tutorials, references for SOL401/SOL402 are dearly missed, I hope SIEMENS develops documents like the "ANSYS Mechanical APDL Technology Demonstration Guide" which are clear, detailed, applied exemples of the use of the software.

I cannot explain the differences between SOL401/SOL402. I suppose they both can be used for advanced non linear calculations, with differences in details (how the subaces are treated, how bolt preload is treated, etc...) because the solvers are different (NASTRAN vs SAMCEF). See previous paragraph: if there were tutorials like ANSYS Mechanical APDL Technology Demonstration Guide, I could tell you in detail Cat Wink

best regards,

Cyril

Hi there,

i found out a better way to do my analysis. Instead of loading the plate2 with a force i "load" it now with an enforced displacement. Now the job is much faster and i don't have convergence problems anymore. But now i have a new problem Smiley Very Happy

I want to let the node where i set the enforced displacement to displace freely (by transverse contraction as a result of the pressure load) till a specific time reached. Only then the node should begin to displace because of the enforced displacment.

Example: (node1 is the node where we want to displace or let displace freely)

Step 1: No pressure load -> node1 is not displaced (because no load; DOF's: 000000)

Step 2: Pressure load applied -> node1 is displaced by distance -X (we don't know the distance because displacement is a result of pressure load on plate1; DOF's: 000000)

Step 3: Pressure load still applied -> node1 is not displaced more then distance -X from step 2 (May a little bit because of contact equillibirium; DOF's: 000000)

Step 4: Pressure load still applied -> node1 is displaced by increment 0.5mm (DOF's: 00 0,5mm 000)

For example if node1 is displaced by -1.2mm in step 3 the displacement should be now -0.7mm

Step 5: Pressure load still applied -> node1 is displaced by increment 0.5mm (DOF's: 00 1mm 000)

the displacement should be now -0.2mm

Step 6: Pressure load still applied -> node1 is displaced by increment 0.5mm (DOF's: 00 1,5mm 000)

the displacement should be now +0.3mm

Is there a way (i actually don't see or simply don't know) to do this?

Thank you very much

Genius
Genius

@PuddingBaer91 I'm sorry but I don't have any idea to solve your problems. As far as I know, the constriant cannot be switched on/off during the simulation. But maybe other expert user can help you with interesting triks.
Regards,

A

Thank you for your answer. I found a workaround for my problem by adding a third body, displacing it and measure the reaction force at this body ...

But i still have another problem: If i solve the problem with SOL101 and only the pressure load applied i will get a uniform contact pressure if i set INIPINE to "set to zero" because i have cylindrical faces. If i don't set this i will get extremly high contact pressures on single grids/nodes.

Now because i have to use SOL601  i want also set INIPINE to "set to zero" but this function isn't there Smiley Sad Could you tell me how to get the same effect (INIPINE "set to zero") from SOL101 to SOL601?

Thank you very much

Edit: In the contact panel where i define the contact elements i can set this under the linear paramters but this doesn't take an effect. In SOL101 i have to set INIPINE "set to zero" in the Solution paramters to take affect...

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

For SOL 101, INIPENE is set on linear contact parameters (BCTPARM)

For SOL 601, INIPENE is set on nonlinear contact parameters (BCTPARA)

The options (0-3) are the same in each solver, with the exception that SOL 601 will print the interferences if option 1 is used. For SOL 101, initial interferences/gaps can be printed using the BCRESULTS(SEPDIS) output request in case control.

thank you for your help.

So settung INIPENE to "ignored" are the same as "set to zero" or is it the same as "eliminated" or the same as "overridden" ?

In BCTPARA i have 4 options and these are named diffrent...

Got it. With "overridden" i get the same uniform contact pressure like with SOL101.

BUT 🙈🙈 now the solution does not convergence anymore Smiley Sad Also the gap will not close in post processing. Because INIPENE will set the gap to a constant?!? So can anyone tell me how to get uniform contact pressure with attention to the gap. The gap is important. So the deformation of the plate to touch the other has to be simulated!!