Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Separate Output Files for Each Subcase

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello,

I have many load cases to run ( > 30,000) for my analysis. I would like to only have to assemble and decompose the stiffness matrix once, but I need separate output files (.f06) for each subcase in order to keep the output file sizes manageable. Is there a way to have one run file with all my subcases but request separate output files for each subcase? I'm unfamiliar with database restarts but should I be using a restart? Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Sam

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Request Separate Output Files for Each Subcase

Phenom
Phenom

I remember looking into something similar a while but I do not have my notes with me. If I re-call you cannot do it but the use of the ASSIGN keyword rings a bell. Will have a look later tonight time permitting.

A restart could be useful if you are planning to get output (say stress) for specific load cases e.g. load case 1-1000 or all them for that matter. The restart gives you the flexibility of only “post-processing” the output(s) you want without the time taken to re-do the matrix part of the solve.

ASSIGN static1 ='thenameofthemasterfile.MASTER'

RESTART LOGICAL=static1 VERSION=1

Production: NX.CAE 10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)

Re: Request Separate Output Files for Each Subcase

Pioneer
Pioneer

selex_ct,

Thank you. I think using restart is the way to go. Thank you for the ASSIGN and RESTART command examples. I will continue to look through the NX Nastran user guide to see how to set everything up. 

Thank you,

Sam