SOL 111: FRF Problem in defining load and damping as a function of frequency

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I am doing a frequency response function in SOL 111. I want to define my load and damping as a function of frequency. The load can be a force or a velocity.

But I am unable to do that, I have tried using function, field and excitation function using some tutorials of transient analysis but am unable to do it. If anyone knows how can I define my load and damping as a function of frequency, it would be really helpful. 

I just need to keep force and damping constant for now with respect to the frequency. But I am not getting desired results if I just define force and damping simply without defining a frequency function for them.

I would appreciate any help. I have attached some snapshots of some options I tried but failed to use. 

Thanks,

Ashwani.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: SOL 111: FRF Problem in defining load and damping as a function of frequency

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi Ashwani

You should be able to define the constant relationship using the table field and reference this table in the load creation - see image below.

sim.JPG

I primarily use FEMAP however the setup should be very similar, the Critical Damping dropdown is not available in the Simcenter like FEMAP (see image) however damping is dimensionless, so you can define your dimensionless value vs Freq and reference this in the Nastran Dynamic Analysis bulk data section.

Femap_Fucntions.JPG

Re: SOL 111: FRF Problem in defining load and damping as a function of frequency

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks