Scripting in Nx Nastran

Dear Users,

How can i do scripting in Nx nastran to carry out analysis with multiple load cases? example: i want to carry out contact stress analysis of spur gear at various roll angle. how can i automate the analysis by rotating with finite increment and static analysis. also how to store the results from specified, nodes on gear tooth ?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Scripting in Nx Nastran

Phenom
Phenom
The answer may depend on which pre-processor you are using...
But... assuming you are using contact regions based on surface-surface contact (or perhaps property regions), you could put a coordinate system at the centre of each gear, and then have the nodes of each gear use the relevant coordinate system as the "definition coord" system (ie, the coord system used to define the node positions). Then you could rotate each gear very easily by simply editing / rotating the Coord System. If you use the CORD3G entry to define each gear axis coord, you could rotate each gear by simply changing one angle number in each coordinate entry in order to rotate the gears.
NX Nastran doesn't inherently have any scripting, but if you create multiple analysis files, it's possible to run multiple configurations using a simple batch (.bat) text file which runs each analysis in sequence.
Finally, if you are using Advanced non-linear, you could perhaps consider using enforced rotation (and an RBE element) to rotate the gear against the other gear (which will need a resisting torsional "load"). This analysis will need many steps to run anyway, so you can output results at every step, or at every N steps, so you get results in multiple rotated positions from one analysis.

thanks for your response. so i can define multiple solutions and run it using batch file. is there any way to automate the regular model preparation and solving by preparing any code? where i can get info to learn the programming methods in nx nastran? 

Phenom
Phenom

NX.Nastran does NOT have any programming capabilities (ignoring DMAP). You'll have to look into your post-processor tool capabilities. If using NX.CAE then NX.Open can be used.

If using NX.CAE: If you have set up all our solutions - 1 solution = 1 configuration then you should be able to click on "Solve All". If not the "the regular model preparation" automation you are refering to is a different ball game.

Production: NX.CAE 10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)