Highlighted

Sensitivity analysis in interference fit

how to carry out sensitivity analysis of interference fit for various interference values. how to set up this problem using nx nastran 12. The model details are: E=210GPa, poisson's ratio=0.3, solid shaft dia = 10mm, hub ID =10mm, hub OD=14mm, interference= 10-100 microns. I want to carry out the analysis by changing the interference value in each analysis and need to calculate radial stress. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Sensitivity analysis in interference fit

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

You can model both shaft and hub with nominal diameter (also you can make coincident mesh) and you can set offset to properties of shaft contact surface.

Or using gap override.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/nxnastran/12/help/custom/en_US/advan...

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

i can understand how to setup constant interference to model. but i want to automate the model by varying the interference for a range of values. interference = 10 to 100 micron with 10micron increment 

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Export fem model into .dat file. Make copies of this file for each variant. Change value of interface in text editor. Run all dat files with bat file and load results into NX.

This is not a parametrization, but it will be a little bit facter than changing overlap via GUI.

Phenom
Phenom

Agree with approach. How about using the 'Global Sensitivity' tool in the Optimization Module maybe? No sure if can use the interference parameter(s) in question as it tends to be more geometry based

Production: NX.CAE 10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)