Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simcenter: difference between Nx-Vibro-acoustics and Nx-Acoustics

Creator
Creator

Hello Everyone, 

I am new on Simcenter. I Switched from LMS-Virtual Lab to Simcenter recently and trying to figure out the new GUI. 

Following are my doubts: 

1. What is the difference between Nx-Vibro-acoustics and Nx-Acoustics options available on Simcenter? 

2. I want to do a simple acoustic analysis of inside the muffler (only in the air region and no effect on the outside body). Which solution method I need to choose (eg. Sol108 Direct frequency Response etc. ) in my case. 

3. If anybody can share any related document/hands-on guide etc. it will be really helpful for me. 

4. What is the meaning of different Solution Type, additional knowledge will be helpful.  

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Simcenter: difference between Nx-Vibro-acoustics and Nx-Acoustics

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

When surface vibrations (displacements, velocities, or accelerations) on the structure from another computation and/or values for an acoustic monopole, dipole, and so on sources are already known, you could start with an acoustic analysis. Otherwise, you may want to perform a vibro-acoustic analysis, where you first let the software calculate all the surface vibrations. In a vibro-acoustic analysis, you can still decide with a one-way, weak coupling if the analysis should consider the effect of vibration of the structure on the fluid, but ignores the effect of the fluid pressure on the structure.

In regards to the different applicable solutions, you may want to look at the following topic:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12.0.1/nx_help/#searchSmiley Tongueage=1;rpp=10;query=Overview%20...

P.S.:

These are just my two cents.

Re: Simcenter: difference between Nx-Vibro-acoustics and Nx-Acoustics

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius