Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the fastest way to set up lots of contacts?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have a model that is currently in Ansys that I am looking to rebuild using NX NASTRAN (possibly faster solve/convergence) that currently has about 91 contacts defined (in my Ansys model).

Of those, 64 are frictional contacts (with a static coefficient of friction of 0.6) and the rest are glued contacts.

What would be the quickest/easiest way for me to set those up or do I just have to quote "bite the bullet" and go through the painstaking process of setting each up one manually, one at a time?

Also, another stupid question - can I use frictional contacts with SOL101 or do I have to use a nonlinear solution (e.g. SOL106 or SOL601,106)? (I have a single, constant force load Z= -2002 N, and 8 fixed constraints. The load does not change with time. The materials are all MAT1s.)

Thank you.

(It's been a while since I've had to visit the syntax of NASTRAN/NX NASTRAN cards and how they're set up, so please forgive this newbie question.)

2 REPLIES 2

Re: What's the fastest way to set up lots of contacts?

Phenom
Phenom

What do you get if you import the ANSYS (analysis) file in NX? Are the surfaces/contact definitins imported?

Production: NX.CAE 10.0.2.6
Development: VB.NET (amateur level !)

Re: What's the fastest way to set up lots of contacts?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I didn't try that because I am re-building the model using midsurface/shell elements.

My original Ansys model are all 3D solid elements (and the motivation for wanting to rebuild the model using midsurface/shell elements is because it took a very long time for the 3D solid model to solve).

Thanks.