Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stress analysis try out

Pioneer
Pioneer

Dear all, I have problem very often to set the constraints well in NX Nastran module on stress analysis. Now, that problems are fixing the parts of welded construction among themselfs via comand glue or similar. 

My question is, can I avoid making very long and boring constraint settlement and make a construction as one part (using scatch and extrude) because my target isn't weld examin but the all construction stress analysis is for sure.

thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Re: stress analysis try out

Phenom
Phenom

Hi, yes you can.

If you use solid bodies you can

- unite both bodies in Part or

- split the connecting faces at the edges of the other body respectively and use "mesh mating" to substitute the connection face of one body by the connection face of the other body.

If you use shell structures by means of mid-surface definition you can stitch the free edges of one body with the faces of the other body (in Advanced simulation; FEM). And as a special gift from NX it works automatically with a lot of bodies. But be aware, sometimes stitching "destroys" the FEM structure by "crimping or deforming" the polygon bodies in a way that nothing helps and,  as I remember it right, undo isn't existing.

Hope it helps, best wishes, Michael

| Production: NX10; Development: VB, TCL/TK, FORTRAN; Testing: NX11 | engelke engineering art GmbH, Germany
| Kudos for good posts! And if my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".

Kick Off (2015-09-14)On the Map (2016-10-21)1st Gear 2018 (2018-02-19)To the Rescue (25, ‎2018-02-24)5th Birthday! (2018-02-25)Popular (100, ‎2018-10-30)Prolific (100, 2019-02-27)Philosopher (500, ‎2019-02-28)

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you Midi, but I wonder, how precious (accurate) that results are, or is there any documents or files where you can compare the results of same construction examined of those aforementioned, ways?... please MiDi, if you have such or similar documents, please attach it, and don't worry, I'm not show it to anybody.

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I believe there could be such documents but I don't have it. Stitching and "Mesh mating (mostly)" yields in meshes with identical grid points so it's like having meshed native surfaces or bodies with singularities at the end of connection area. Keep in mind that rapid changing in thickness of geometry courses singularity every time and there is no convergence. But that's a problem of all FE models.

Best wishes, Michael

| Production: NX10; Development: VB, TCL/TK, FORTRAN; Testing: NX11 | engelke engineering art GmbH, Germany
| Kudos for good posts! And if my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".

Kick Off (2015-09-14)On the Map (2016-10-21)1st Gear 2018 (2018-02-19)To the Rescue (25, ‎2018-02-24)5th Birthday! (2018-02-25)Popular (100, ‎2018-10-30)Prolific (100, 2019-02-27)Philosopher (500, ‎2019-02-28)