Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Tips & Tricks for creating marketing pictures?

Legend
Legend

Hi there,

Not sure if the STAR-CCM+ AEs would be inclined to share their tips & tricks, but we're preparing some material with AMD for PLM World and would like to create marketing pictures from STAR-CCM+ post-processing...  Our model is an external aerodynamics model, so we already have a spherical map of the sky...  What I'd like to get is a "plasma field" effect like this (trailing translucent surfaces)

How to achieve this?  Is it a large number of streamlines (hope not, it's way too slow to generate) or are these isosurfaces?

4 REPLIES

Re: Tips & Tricks for creating marketing pictures?

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

In STAR-CCM+ version 9.02 we released volume rendering post processing.

You can log into the support portal and see this video on how to use it:

Learn to use Volume Rendering in 3 minutes

or even see thsi example of How to create a volume rendering for the vorticity around a propeller

and here is the section in the Documentation.

This is an example from youtube:

Hope that helps.

Alistair

Legend
Legend

Excellent tips Alistair, thank you!  We went simple with texture mapping and logo, AMD was happy with it, here's a view of their booth at PLM World:

DfHXSz_XUAUT_-O.jpg large.jpg

Siemens Experimenter

Another tool that could be used for Marketing:  Scalar Warping.

In conjunction with Advanced Rendering allows creating martian textures. 

(view in My Videos)

The video shows also how the information flows in this system: The expected flow from left to right and the quite unexpected to me external flow from right to left. 

Siemens Experimenter

And just for completion: Contour plot with black and white colours and logarithmic scaling from the same system above. This illustrates how post-processing can be used to discover flow features and also to create nice marketing videos. 

(view in My Videos)