Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 6.0.1 Catchbook crash

Experimenter
Experimenter
Since some days Catchbook crashes directly after start. Reinstalled several did not help. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES

Re: Android 6.0.1 Catchbook crash

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Our best guess is that you have a corrupt file that Catchbook is failing to load when it starts.  You can try deleting the Catchbook folder and then re-installing following these steps.

1. Uninstall Catchbook

2. If you don't have a file browser app, install one from the Play Store (I use the "File Manager" app)

3. Navigate to the Catchbook Folder using File manager.  Tap device in file manager, you should see it listed there.  If not the full path will be something like "\root\storage\emulated\0\Catchbook".  You can use search to find it as well.

4. If you want to try and save any data, copy all the .cb files in the Catchbook folder to another location

5. Delete the Catchbook Folder and all its content

6. Re-install Catchbook

Hopefully Catchbook will work now.  Once you've confirmed it is working, you can close Catchbook and copy the .cb files back into the Catchbook folder - the old binders will appear in the navigator when you re-start Catchbook.

Hope that helps.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear all,

unfortunately the hint didn't work. Catchbook is stuck in showing the license agreement the first time, then I have to kill the application and next time start it simply crashes,

Any other idea?

Joachim

Siemens Legend

Hi @Fj3847,

When you uninstalled, did you "uninstall for all users"? If not, please try that and repeat the process above.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I tried several times but it din't work. It is stuck in showing the license conditions. I have to kill the application and afterwards it crashes immediately again.

Pls help to solve the problem.

Joachim

Siemens Legend

Hi @Fj3847,

We are very sorry that Catchbook is not working properly for you. We have a device very similar to yours and have not been able to duplicate the issue.

However, we have just released version 1.4 of Catchbook today. Please install it and let us know if it solves the issue. Hopefully it will!

Download Catchbook:

Download Catchbook on iOS Download Catchbook on Android Download Catchbook on Windows 10 Image Map