Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Any recommendations for an Active Stylus?

I was wondering does anyone recommend any particular active stylus for Android?

Having used one with Catchbook on the Windows Surface, it makes all the difference to have the pen. Drawing is much better plus handwriting is actually possible.

I have a Galaxy tab E (and a moto G phone) so something that would work with those would be great.

2 REPLIES

Re: Any recommendations for an Active Stylus?

Unfortunately, I believe neither of those devices has a built-in capability of supporting an active stylus (such as the Samsung S-Pen).  Although not ideal, any inexpensive "conductive" rubber tipped stylus which simulates touch would provide a better experience than writing or drawing with your finger.

Re: Any recommendations for an Active Stylus?

[ Edited ]

Agree, even something as simple as a capacitive stylus improves the drawing/writing experience over using just a finger.

Adonit makes a couple of capacitive styluses that are interesting because you can see the tip through the clear disk (that exists to mimic your finger). We have one here and it works pretty well. Check out the Pro and Mini styluses here: http://www.adonit.net/jot/

Hey Adonit you owe us kudos now! Smiley Happy

But even a cheap rubber-tipped stylus isn't bad.

Download Catchbook:

Download Catchbook on iOS Download Catchbook on Android Download Catchbook on Windows 10 Image Map