Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Catchbook is available in the following countries

[ Edited ]

This is the list of countries/stores where Catchbook is currently available. We are working to expand the list and will post updates to this thread when announcements are made.

Updated 24 February 2017: added Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan!

Updated 6 February 2017: added Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Portugal, Slovakia, and Slovenia.

Updated 10 October 2016: added Austria, Brazil, India, Korea, and Mexico.

Country Apple App Store Google Play Store Microsoft Windows Store
Australia Yes Yes Yes
Belgium Yes Yes Yes
Bulgaria Yes Yes Yes
Canada Yes Yes Yes
Croatia Yes Yes Yes
Cyprus Yes Yes Yes
Czech Republic Yes Yes Yes
Denmark Yes Yes Yes
Estonia Yes Yes Yes
Finland Yes Yes Yes
France Yes Yes Yes
Germany Yes Yes Yes
Greece Yes Yes Yes
Hong Kong Yes Yes Yes
Hungary Yes Yes Yes
Ireland Yes Yes Yes
Italy Yes Yes Yes
Japan Yes Yes Yes
Latvia Yes Yes Yes
Lithuania Yes Yes Yes
Luxembourg Yes Yes Yes
Macau Yes Yes Yes
Malta Yes Yes Yes
Netherlands Yes Yes Yes
Poland Yes Yes Yes
Portugal Yes Yes Yes
Romania Yes Yes Yes
Russia Yes Yes Yes
Slovakia Yes Yes Yes
Slovenia Yes Yes Yes
Spain  Yes Yes Yes
Sweden Yes Yes Yes
Switzerland Yes Yes Yes
Taiwan Yes Yes Yes
UK Yes Yes Yes
US Yes Yes Yes
12 REPLIES

Re: Catchbook is available in the following countries

[ Edited ]

So close, YET, so far away......available in Australia, but still NOT in New Zealand.  Robot Sad

Catchbook_MicrosoftStore_NotAvailable.PNG

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

>BUMP<

Any movement in making it available in more contries yet?......New Zealand would obviously be my selfish nod, as to which should be next in-line. Robot wink

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

We will be making some exciting country announcements early September.

But sorry @SeanCresswell, New Zealand will not yet be one of them. Smiley Sad

Try TunnelBear -- it's not ideal, but one day they will realise that NZ is not still part of NSW!!!

Any reason why Catchbook is not released globally directly?

I guess it has something to do with market size. The idea of the product is to provide pull for Edge and NX, so it would make sense to make it available in the order of what they consider to be the largest markets.

It's inconvenient for those of us who have escaped the rat race to find ourselves disadvantaged because of our new remote location. It's also a little ironic that Siemens seems to lump Australia and NZ in the same market for Edge and NX, but not for CatchBook for some reason. And more Ironic that NZ still loves AutoCAD so CatchBook would be a natural introduction to 3D for the Kiwis, but what would I know I'm just an Engineer!!

Just discoverd a wrinkle for iPad -- my iPad is still registered with Apple as being in the UK, so even though I'm in NZ I can access CatchBook!! RESULT!!

It actually boils down to one thing: tax obligations!

Short answer: We are doing our best to add as many countries as possible.

Long answer:

The app stores represent a new channel for us (and for productivity apps in general) and we have to make sure that taxes are remitted appropriately in every country where Catchbook is sold. In some cases the app stores handle taxes for us, but unfortunately the app stores do this for only a tiny handful of countries. Even in the cases where the stores handle taxes for us we have to make sure that the accounting is received/recorded correctly and this slows down our ability to add new countries quickly.

When the app stores do not handle taxes we have to do it ourselves, and that becomes problematic when we do not have a legal entity within a particulary country. My suspicion is that small/individual app developers simply make their apps available to every country and don't worry about local taxes, however we at Siemens hold ourselves to a high level of compliance.

Pardon the mirth, but it's kind of ironic that Siemens bothers about taxes and Apple doesn't seem to!!

As an aside, it's a real pain to have a UK iPad in NZ -- I can't get local content and it's the world's worse job to change the 'home' country on an Apple device -- so much for the Global Village!!

Thanks for the response.

Kind regards, Charles.

Sent from my NZ iPhone

Download Catchbook:

Download Catchbook on iOS Download Catchbook on Android Download Catchbook on Windows 10 Image Map