cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export low quality

Experimenter
Experimenter

PNG export of detailed drawingPNG export of detailed drawing

Is there any way to change the export resolution or quality?  I exported the above PNG and was really disappointed with the resolution.  It looks great in Catchbook, but all the fine details are pixelated in the PNG.

I bought the export subscription thinking PDF export would look better, but it does not.

Please help!  I really like Catchbook so far, but the export results so far are disappointing.

4 REPLIES

Re: Export low quality

Experimenter
Experimenter
  • Catchbook produced vector not raster. Try to export it to Solid Edge if you want to make...what it is? cableling layout or something?.

Experimenter
Experimenter

I tried SVG, but it didn't export the free-hand drawing or keep the dash settings on the lines.

Also, I don't have Solid Edge.

Experimenter
Experimenter

There is a free trial, dude on Siemens PLM website it is available for windows operating system only. worth it to try! Solid Edge Free Trial 45 Days 

You can't export free hand drawing as SVG it must be rendered to PNG but it seems the renderer inside the program not to good but I don't know. Maybe, try this Solid Edge 2d Drafting.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hello @daveconger, thanks for contacting us.

We have defects logged for poor PNG quality, exporting ink, and exporting dashed line (format). We are working to address them.

Download Catchbook:

Download Catchbook on iOS Download Catchbook on Android Download Catchbook on Windows 10 Image Map