cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with iOS subscription / Drawing not activating

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Hi everyone!

We're really excited to have finally launched and really appreciate the enthusiasm that people have shown. We announced at our annual conference in Orlando this week and response has been great.

We unfortunately found that many people on iOS are running into an issue where Drawing does not activate and/or they keep getting redirected to the Store tab even though they have already subscribed. We sincerely apologize for this, but the good news is we have identified the sources of the problem and are working hard to fix as soon as possible. We posted version 1.1.610 on 5/18, that seemed to fix some of you up. We are working on an additional fix that should clear up the rest of you.

In the meantime if you have any concerns about your subscriptions or being charged, please rest assured:

• Both Saver and Drawing start with a free 30-day trial. You will not be charged until after 30 days and you are free to cancel at any time during the trial period.
  • You can view and manage your iOS subscriptions at any time by going to: Settings > iTunes & App Store > Tap your Apple ID > View Apple ID > Subscriptions > Manage

Again we apologize and hope this doesn't dissuade you from wanting to use the app or telling your friends about it - although you may tell them to wait a few days! Smiley Wink We are committed to getting through our commercial app teething pains as quickly as possible so that we can take Catchbook to even greater heights!

21 REPLIES

Re: Problems with iOS subscription / Drawing not activating

Siemens Legend

Hello!

Update on this issue.

For people that subscribed to Drawing (not Saver):

We have posted build 1.1.612 on the store. If you update to that it should resolve your problem and Drawing should be functional again.

For people that subscribed to Saver:

We are still working on a fix, but think we have a workaround for you in the meantime if you would like to try it:

• Go to the "Store" tab in Catchbook. It probably says that you can subscribe to anything.
  • Subscribe to Drawing and complete the transaction. Drawing should now be functional, and more importantly remain functional, even after you restart Catchbook.
  • On your device, go to "Settings > iTunes & App Store > Tap your Apple ID > View Apple ID > Subscriptions > Manage"
  • Turn off "Auto-renew" for Saver. This will ensure that you are not charged for Saver.

Experimenter
Experimenter

What's so frustrating about this is that I'd love to show people this really nifty set of UI tools you've built, but all I can do is show off the instructional videos.  I feel like I was *punished* for spending money on the app.  How did this issue pass Q/A?  By this time next week your hype cycle will be over, so you need to fix this soon!

BTW, this forum has serious issues, too:  Non-logged-in users are shown a "Reply" button that takes them to a page showing only the post with no form data.  Signing up is a PITA with your password complexity requirements.  My first login after confirming my email address failed.  I have no idea what "Webkey" is, and I have zero interest in learning about it just for the priveledge of providing you feedback on a $5 app.  Once I was finally in on the first login I had to choose my username, why was that not part of the sign-up process?

Siemens Legend

HI @bartgrantham,

Thanks for your feedback and your patience. Historically we have focused exclusively on complex enterprise software and this is our first venture into bringing some of our technology to mobile.

We did quite a bit of QA testing but discovered the hard way that the app store license test environments return different results than the real store environment. This has been very frustrating for us as well.

Our forum (and all of our web sites) are being revamped to be more accessible. We appreciate your input on that front - and your persistence in signing up in order to contact us. We are passing on your feedback to the web folks. Hopefully you will find the forum useful now that you have joined.

Problems aside, we hope that you find utility in Catchbook. There is far, far more that we plan on doing with it, but for now we will focus on working out the kinks.

Did the instructions in this post resolve your problem for now?

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Catchbook-Forum/Problems-with-iOS-subscription-Drawi...

Creator
Creator

I have purchased Drawing and Publishing and have installed version 1.1.612 and cannot draw. 

Is a fix immanent? Today is May 24th. The 1.1.612 drop was on the 20th. 

Please set expectations.

Siemens Legend

Hello all.

We continue to work this issue every day. The problem appears in the real-world store, but does not appear at all in the Apple test environment. This makes it extremely difficult to isolate!

Catchbook 1.1.613 has been submitted and is pending Apple approval. This may fix the problem but we cannot know for sure until it is in the store (again, it works fine in the Apple test environment).

Thank you for your patience. We know it is frustrating for you, and for us!!

Siemens Legend

Hi, Wednesday 5/25 update.

The 1.1.613 update is in the stores now but we are not convinced it is fixing the problem. If it DOES fix your problem, please let us know!

We are continuing to work the issue non-stop and will post another update in a few days.

As far as we can tell some users never experienced a problem, some experienced a problem but the 610 or 612 updates fixed the problem, and some continue to experience the problem. If you fall into the last category (probably why you are reading this), we ask that you do one of the following so that we can reach out to some of you to help collect data that will help us to solve the problem faster:

• Respond to this post, or
  • Send us an email at catchbook.plm@siemens.com

If you tell us what iOS version you have, what Catchbook subscription(s) you have, and what device you are running on that will be helpful.

You guys have been a great community so far and we appreciate your input and assistance!

Creator
Creator
installed latest version:

[image: Inline image 1]

Still cannot draw.

-curt

Creator
Creator

Sorry for forgetting the details about my configuration:

I'm using iOS 9.3.2 (13F69) on a Model MH322LL/A 

Apple - iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular 128GB - Silver

Please continue to keep me informed.

Thanks

-curt

Creator
Creator

WooHoo!

Did an uninstall and reinstall instead of just an update. Drawing is working!

-curt

Download Catchbook:

Download Catchbook on iOS Download Catchbook on Android Download Catchbook on Windows 10 Image Map