cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layers

Theorist
Theorist

The current catchbook is simple yet powerful. I have started to make most of my technical sketches on Catchbook. But when I color/shade my sketches, the color overflows and hides the sketched boundaries (if alpha is 100%) as I apply color/shade after making the outlines. I wish I could just "push" the color to a layer below the outline sketch layer. Other times, I wish I could draw certain items on different layers so that I could selectively make the layers visible/invisible depending on need. So, I really hope to see a simple "layers" feature in Catchbook in future.  

Comments
Experimenter

Please add this feature - it would be brilliant!

Siemens Legend

Hi @Indranil_leo,

Its great to hear that you are finding Catchbook to be a really useful tool.  At the moment we are not working on any locking or layers, but we have had quite a few disucssions about the simplist way to achieve what you are after.  We are working on an area fill capability which should make it a lot easier for you to add colour to your drawings without having to worry about layers (though this won't be in the next update)

Tom

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count