Here are some features that I think will improve catchbook:
Really love the app. Would really help if the canvas size was bigger. I use the app to design gardens and struggle to fit everything in!
I would love the above features too.
Hi @Alasdair, @JamesFarmer & @pattyedge,
Thanks for your feedback. An update on where we are at with some of these requests...
1. Area fill is work in progress. We are making it so that the filled regions will update as you edit your curves which requires a bit more work!
2. Pre-defined shapes are still limited to polygons (draw something close to a square to see this kick in - you get a square, not a rectangle).
3. Text tool is work in progress and well underway - it doesn't look like it will make it to the next update, but it should be there in the one after that!
4. Persisted constraints always pop-up as a request, but we push back quite hard on it. The reason is that if we support persisting constraints we have little choice but to expose the full complexity of the constraints network (overconstrained, conflicting, etc.). We have made some improvements in the next update (1.5) so that when you are working with simple rectangular shapes, any dimensions you have typed a value for are a lot less likely to be overridden. You will also see a graphical representation of some constraints when they snap during create and edit.
5. We try to guess which icon is the most likely one you will use...making it easier to change colour is something that we have discussed. Are there any that you find you have to frequently expanding to get to?
A fill tool would be a top priority for me, with gradients or at least opacity options. Thank you, developers.
5. I agree. Especially with the sidebar. It really annoys me that it fades away, because it needs a (short) while to come back into visibility. From a usability viewpoint: I want to move my mouse cursor in the direction of the desired icon, but I simply can not *see* where the icon actually is. This may sound like a minor issue, but is frustrating when you try to work fast.
I also want to add:
6. Keep the Lasso select tool enabled after deselect. Okay, maybe that is personal preference. But I waaaayyy too often wanted to make another selection and drew a circle instead :-/
5, in future releases it will be possible to access the expanded context menu for an object by picking it with your right mouse button - hopefully this will help to improve things a bit for you. The slight delay on showing the context menu is to allow a short amount of time to select another object that would otherwise get covered by the pop-up.
For 6 - Tapping the page wil turn off lasso, as this means you don't have to go back and re-pick the pen each time you lasso. You should see the lasso remain active whilst you are carrying out actions on the selected objects (rotate/scale/move, group & edit display). I think we can improve this a bit by keeping lasso active when you deslect individual objects. Can you see any other actions that cause it to dismiss when you think it shouldn't?
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.