Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Your Profile

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin

I’d like to highlight the our reputation system in order to help you get more familiar with how you can advance in our community, earn rewards, and help you understand the profiles of your peers.

The Siemens PLM Community recognizes a wide variety of behaviors all in hopes of fostering quality discussion and support among members of our community. The more quality contributions you make, the higher you will rank. Such ideas influence our ranking and badging components.

EsteemedContributor.pngWhat are ranks?Rank Structure.png

When we first launched the Community, I was asked, what is a “dreamer” and why do I have that title? How do I change it? Dreamer is just one of our 16 ranks that you will receive on your journey with us in the Siemens PLM Community. Today, we are implementing a visual way to explain the rank structure so you can easily identify serious veterans vs new members.

The ranking icon that now appears on the right of your username is one of the core components of feedback. The number of bars and stars correlate with how far you are along the 16 ranks in the structure. The three different colors, green, blue, and orange, represent passive, active, and quality participation respectively. As you continue to post, receive kudos, and increase in the number of accepted solutions, you continue to move up in ranks. Whenever you move from types of participation, you graduate with a star to finish off the tier and begin with a new color. All participants start off with the Dreamer ranking upon logging in.

To be clear, a Community rank does not reflect the knowledge that a user has with our software. While some newer members of our Community may be a seasoned user, everyone benefits from the knowledge that is shared, including those that have a higher rank. The higher rank simply means you’ve been around the block, or in this case, the Community. The purpose of the rank is for everyone to know who may need a little help navigating the Community or how and where to post questions. 

NOTE: Creating a Signature also provides other users beneficial information when trying to help answer your question.

Why do some people have an icon to the left of their name?

The many icons on the left of usernames showcase various roles in the community. Siemens employees will all have favicon.ico . Other roles, such as Partners, will have PartnerLogo.jpg, those that are members of the PLM World will have PLM World and Admins will have Admin . These roles come into play for administrative purposes and to illustrate members of our user group.

What are badges?
Another core component of your profile is our badges feature we launch in January. You’ll be able to earn badges for positive behavior in the community. Take for example, your first post earns you a “First Topic” Badge. We won’t be revealing all the badges we have in store (Who earned the PLMCONX15 Badge?) but the more you value others and the more they value you, the more badges you will accumulate. Make sure to read my other post about badges.

What are category experts?
Each of the main product categories – NX Design, NX for Manufacturing, Solid Edge, etc – now have a section that displays a leaderboard of experts. This section will help you track down those community members who have been providing the most helpful answers to others. Category experts can be a mix of users, Partners and Siemens employees. Expert status is earned through a formula of kudos and quality answers as marked by peers. This list will vary according to each board.

How can I contribute?
Post, answer questions, give kudos, and ask to write a guest blog post. The type of contribution and interaction is crucial. Providing solutions or routing members to interesting pages foster a community striving to encourage knowledge building. Your thoughtfulness and helpfulness will determine your journey from passive, active, to quality classes.

How do I know my current status in the community?
To see how you rank in the community, simply navigate to your profile with this explanation in mind.

Now what? Ready. Set. Go.