cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7-zip files are not supported as attachments

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I have just tried to upload a VB.NET source file contained in a 7-zip (7z) archive, but got the error message that the content of the file doesn't match the file type.

A compressed archive contains any file type, so there is no specific file type possible.

Would you mind correcting the 7z checker to do things right?

I am using the AMD64/x64/x86_64 version of 7-zip 9.20, if that makes a difference.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
3 REPLIES

Re: 7-zip files are not supported as attachments

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello @Stefan_Pendl -

Thanks for the posting about attachments. Here is a list of the current attachments allowed on the community:

jpg,gif,png,tif,tiff,pptx,ppt,mp4,xlsx,docx,pdf,zip,doc,key,spp,wmv,par,psm,7z,swf,asm,bas,rar,avi,igs,iges,dgn,dwg,dxf,dft,x_t,stl,txt

As you can see, 7z is allowed. 

Attachement Size Limit: 50MB

Number of Attachements allowed: 5

If you can post a screen shot of the error you are getting, I might be able to track down the issue.

Thanks!
Susan

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Testing 7z attachment

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Susan,

as you can see I have tried to upload the 7-zip archive now from at home and it worked.

Seems our proxy server didn't like the contained vb script and corrupted the 7z archive.

I will keep an eye on the issue, but for now it seems to be caused by our companies security measures.