Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Am I the only one seeing this weird behavior...

For some reason, when I'm entering a post here on the Siemens PLM Community site, mz keyboard is acting as if it were a set up for Germany.  For example, the "z" and "y" keys have been reversed,  And many of the upper case symbols on the number keys are all different.

Note that it`s NOT my keyboard or the way my laptop is set up since everything works as expected on other websites and applications, like MS Word or Excel.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
9 REPLIES

Re: Am I the only one seeing this weird behavior...

Now today everything is working the way it's supposed to work.  Weird.

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Re: Am I the only one seeing this weird behavior...

Hello John,

sometimes I've found that behaviour in my Windows7 system, too. But it doesn't appear in web browser but in excel or word. Sometimes, if I change the used application program already started on my windows I can detect a changing of system language or better display language. Switching the active program is changing the actual display language.

I can check it by activating the status bar => keybord layout. (I do not know the right english description terms because my Windows is in German:-)

But there I see the actual language used in my active program and I can switch it. I do not know what's the reason for that undesired changing of language but I can see and correct it in that language bar.

I give you here a link from microsoft about changing the language via language bar.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17424/windows-change-keyboard-layout

May be it helps.

Best wishes, Michael

Betreff: Am I the only one seeing this weird behavior...

Hello John,

now I found out that your thread is two years old. Did you find a solution for your problem?

Best wishes, Michael

It's been so long now I can't recall if I ever discovered what caused it.  Besides, when I retired in January I had to turn in my company laptop and now that I'm only running on my own personal computer(s), Windows is only a memory (we live in a 100% Apple Mac house).

EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA

Hello John,

all right, then you do not have this thiny little problems making an employees day a little bit harder in NX. Good for you, I wish you all the best.

Michael

[ Edited ]

I know this topic is old but I'm replying if other run into this problem

It is most likely this is because of in-browser language settings. 

Try using a different browser (Chrome can be installed without system admin rights)

If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.
If your problem is gone in another browser, the browser settings are the problem.

The problem is likely not caused by the Siemens site, a textbox is a textbox, on any site.

Kind regards,

Thomas Musters, Virtual Reality development for Design & Engineering, ASML

Production: {NX9, VisMockup, Unity}

Development: {C#, Java, VB} Testing: {-none-}

"The problem cannot be caused by the Siemens site, a textbox is a textbox, on any site."

I disagree. Server side code could mangle your input to whatever it was programmed to do.

True, but i'd have to be on purpose, it's a property that has to be manually added.

And for Siemens to force a specific keybopard configuration would be odd and unproductive to say the least.

But yes, it would indeed be possible.

Kind regards,

Thomas Musters, Virtual Reality development for Design & Engineering, ASML

Production: {NX9, VisMockup, Unity}

Development: {C#, Java, VB} Testing: {-none-}

I seriously doubt that the people administering these forums are the same ones that wrote the software. If they are using a 3rd party package, it would be fairly easy to inadvertently set an option or combination of options that led to unintended consequences.

In any case, it seems to have been corrected.