Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Aren't some/all forums supposed to be private?

Back when people were just talking about moving the vBulletin forums to here, I thought I heard there would be "private" forums (only visible/readable if you logged in).

I just noticed that all the forums I see now seem to be available (albeit read-only) to anyone (even if not logged in)

At PLMworld some users said they would not post in any publicly-readable forum, which basically means any of the current ones.

What are Siemen's plans in this area?

Also, are the old vBulletin forums readable to the "world" (I forgot to check before posting this)?

Ken

Ken Akerboom Sr CAx Systems Engr, Moog, Inc.
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP5 + patch/TC11.2
I'd rather be steemed than diseaseled

2 REPLIES

Re: Aren't some/all forums supposed to be private?

I was just checking and the vBulletin imports are invisible to users not logged in.

It still seems that anything else is visible to all, even guests.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Re: Aren't some/all forums supposed to be private?

Hello @Ken_A 

The migrated vBulletin content from the BBS is only accessible and viewable to those on Active Maintenance, as stated by @Stefan_Pendl. Webkey is managed by another part of Siemens PLM so they pass the information over to us on the Community.

As for the rest of the Community, you are correct, this is viewable to anyone. You must register/login if you wish to comment. This was designed to make it easier for users to find information. In the age of Google, many people will search there first and it's our intention that those folks should be able to find answers on the Community.

Please note that one of our Community Managers is @karenmod from PLM World. She has been a part of the team from the beginning and we work closely with them. In fact, in a few days, you may see a PLM World icon next to your name as we are syncing registrations on the Community with PLM World membership. 

As for the old vBulletin site, that is currently closed and will remain closed until we fix 2 items: 1) Attchments and 2) Code that was not migrated properly. I think you are familiar with both situations Smiley Frustrated We are working diligently to correct both of these issues and apologize for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Susan

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"