cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Sharing

Pioneer
Pioneer

Is there any way to share generic content that we have made that might be useful to others?  An example might be specialized Drawing Templates, Industry specific parts that might not be common, etc?  

6 REPLIES

Re: Content Sharing

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I don't see any way on here at present, but would suggest such a thing might be better on a site such as GrabCAD....as each item would need to be noted as to what version it is posted in. [as you may well be aware, native files are not backward compatible, and Student Edition files, are not usable on Commercial]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Community Admin Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello @Airscape  -

If there is a file format that you would like for us to allow on the site, let me know and I will add it. You would just add it as an attachement in a forum post. There is a file size limit: 50MB

Current attachments allowed: jpg,gif,png,pptx,ppt,mp4,xlsx,docx,pdf,zip,doc,key,spp,wmv,par,psm,7z,swf,asm,bas,rar, avi

Would be happy to create a section or figure out a place where this would be possible. Any suggestions? @SeanCresswell welcome your intput as well. 

Sorry for the late reply, just getting back into the swing of things from maternity leave.

Thanks,

Susan

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Susan,

Welcome back and congratulations Smiley Happy  The only formats that I could think of besides that would be maybe drawing files for things like drawing templates, maybe cross platform files like .igs or parasolids.  Just a thought, I kind of resolved what I was looking for at the time.  

Community Admin

Thanks! 

I added the following: .igs, .iges, .dgn, .dwg, .dxf 

Let me know if you think of anything else. 

Susan

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Susan,

.dft, .x_t, .stl  would be a few more, while we're throwing in allowable file types

Thanks!

-Dylan

-Dylan Gondyke

Community Admin

Thanks Dylan! @Chally72 - these have also been added.

Susan