Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Copy and Paste from Clipboard (images) now working!

Community Users - 

The platform has recently been upgraded and the request to allow copy and paste from your computer's clipboard should now be working. Robot Very Happy

This request was specifically made for images.

Please give it whirl and let me know if you have any issues. Reply to this thread if you would like to test it. 

@BobMileti @SeanCresswell @Grundey tagging you folks since all of you have provided input one way or another. Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!
Susan

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
8 REPLIES

Re: Copy and Paste from Clipboard (images) now working!

Thanks @SusanCinadr,

Will try it out, right now.....

....>paste<

[checked in MS-Word....it worked]

....>paste again<

[tried a new, smaller image zone capture]

...>paste one more time<, oh oh, still nothing happens.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

@SeanCresswell

Browser? I did it in Chrome.

Thanks,
Susan
If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

@SusanCinadr,

I'm using IE9 [64bit].....I have Chrome, so will try that.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

@SusanCinadr 

OK, here goes from Chrome....

>paste<..........nothing still.

Maybe I'll reboot & try again.

[EDIT: nope...still unable to paste an image]

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Just tried this in Chrome (Version 36.0.1985.143 m), Chrome with IE Tab extension (Version 7.7.24.1) and native IE (Version 8.0.7601.17514). As you can see it didn't work at all.

When I try to paste an image in IE I see some flicker of a scrollbar, but nothing actually happens.

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5

@Inch & @SeanCresswell -

So I learned that when I asked you to test it, it was only available on our stage server and not production. Can you try it again?

Also, please note the two scenarios and let me know which one works and which one doesn't:

1) Copy image from browser and past into message. - This appeared to work for me with no issues. I used another user's profile pic.

2) Screen capture tool copy + paste in message. Depending on your tool, I am not 100% that this is working. Here is a test from Snagit and copied to my clipboard: {DID NOT PASTE ANYTHING}

Thanks for your help!
Susan

Hi @SusanCinadr 

Still not working for me, in either scenario....even tried capturing a small dialogue box, in case it's an image size limitation....but nothing happens, other than the cursor flicker when pasting.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

This is copy/paste an image from Chrome:  and it worked Smiley Very Happy

One thing I noticed though is in the reply panel, if I position my mouse cursor over an area where there is no text and right-click to get the context menu, there is no Paste option. If the cursor is over text and right-click, Paste is then available. However, Ctrl-V worked OK.

Copy an image from my system didn't seem to work at all. I tried making a small window current and doing Alt-PrintScreen to capture it, but this did not paste. I pasted that image into Paint.net and selected all and copied to clipboard, but that did not paste in here either. What did happen though is a message popped up. Of course I'll have to upload that image to show you as I can't paste it in Smiley Frustrated

Graham Inchley Snr R&D Engineer (Systems Development), Sandvik Coromant
Lenovo ThinkPad W540, Win7, 16GB. Developing in: Java | C | C# | KF
Production: NX8.5.3.3 MP11 64bit Testing: NX9.0.2.5